We are committed to supporting the mission of Wright State University. We focus on our student-athletes as People, as Students, and as Athletes.
To be nationally recognized for excellence in athletic competition, academics, and personal development of our student-athletes.
Athletics Department Mission and Values
Wright State Athletics is a component of the university’s educational enterprise and we must complement and align with the values of our university.
- Vision Statement
- Wright State University, inspired by the creative spirit of the Wright brothers, will be Ohio’s most learning-centered and innovative university, known and admired for our inclusive culture that respects the unique value of each of our students, faculty, staff, and alumni, and for the positive transformative impact we have on the lives of our students and the communities we serve.
- Mission Statement
- We transform the lives of our students and the communities we serve. We will:
- Build a solid foundation for student success at all levels through high-quality, innovative programs;
- Conducting scholarly research and creative endeavors and impact the quality of life; and
- Engaging in meaningful community service
- Drive the economic revitalization of our region and our state and empover all of our students, faculty, staff, and alumni to develop professionally, intellectually, and personally.
- Diversity and Inclusion Statement
- Wright State’s Athletics Department is committed to diversity and inclusion for our department and the student-athletes we serve. The athletics department promotes the acceptance and appreciation of every individual regardless of race, gender, age, ethnicity, ability or disability, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, religious affiliation, or national origin.
Athletics at Wright State University is about excellence. We are committed to helping our student-athletes develop as people, students, and athletes—in that order—as well as supporting the mission of Wright State. That combination sets us apart from most National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I colleges and universities. In everything we do, we strive to create the best experience for our student-athletes. Our program’s success helps to build pride and the Wright State brand more than any other entity on campus. We are developing 21st century leaders who have been tested in the classroom and competition-this combination is their competitive advantage in life.
All of our administrators and coaches are committed to providing student-athletes with the best experience possible. Our mission statement is unique, we call it PSA, meaning our priorities are to take care of student-athletes as people first, students second and athletes third. These are the three building block for how we do business.