The Wright State men's tennis team won a 7-0 home decision against Eastern Illinois Saturday at the South Regency Tennis Center.
The Raiders swept all the singles matches and all but one of the doubles. Jacob Perkins, Fernando Nardelli, Jonas Brezing, Javier Alvarez de la Villa, Carlos Estrada-Sanchez, and Donovan Cellupica-Towers all clamed victory in singles matches. The teams of Fernando Nardelli and Jacob Perkins and Donovan Cellupica-Towers and Jonas Brezing both notched wins in doubles play.
"I am very proud of the guys in this 7-0 effort," said assistant coach Tyler Johnston. "EIU was a well coached team and had a lot of good competitors. We had a great crowd and it's always fun to win at home."
Wright State (3-10) will be back in action next Sunday, March 19, as they travel to Kalamazoo to face Western Michigan at 11 am.
1) Jacob Perkins def. Marko Stefan Janjusic (EIU) 6-0, 6-1
2) Fernando Nardelli def. Gage Kingsmith (EIU) 6-4, 6-7(5)
3) Jonas Brezing def. Grant Reiman (EIU) 6-3, 6-4
4) Javier Alvarez de la Villa def. Jared Woodson (EIU) 5-7, 6-3, 11-9
5) Carlos Estrada-Sanchez def. Trent Reiman (EIU) 6-0, 6-2
6) Donovan Cellupica-Towers def. Ferdinand Ammer (EIU) 6-4, 6-0
1) Gage Kingsmith/Grant Reiman (EIU) def. Javier Alvarez de la Villa/Estrada-Sanchez 7-5
2) Fernando Nardelli/Jacob Perkins def. Trent Reiman/Ferdinand Ammer (EIU) 6-1
3) Donovan Cellupica-Towers/Jonas Brezing def. Jared Woodson/Jacob Wendell (EIU) 6-0