The Wright State men's tennis team dropped a 4-3 decision to Youngstown State Friday in the first round of the Horizon League Tournament at the Michigan Tennis Center in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Hayden Joblin, Dan Gilbert and Michal Lyzwa all won in singles play, but the Penguins took the other three singles matches and claimed the doubles point to win the match.
Wright State closes the season with a final record of 10-14.
1) Silviu Mistreanu (YSU) def. Lauri Makikalli 7-5, 6-1
2) Hayden Joblin def. Sebastian Hagn (YSU) 6-4, 6-2
3) Dan Gilbert def. Dawoud Kabli (YSU) 6-1, 7-5
4) Zeeshan Ismail (YSU) def. Ricardo Pineda 7-5, 6-1
5) Michal Lyzwa def. Max Schmerin (YSU) 6-4, 6-2
6) Rodrigo Campos (YSU) def. Marc Sodini 2-6, 6-3, 6-4
1) Sebastian Hagn/Dawoud Kabli (YSU) def. Hayden Joblin/Ricardo Pineda 8-5
2) Dan Gilbert/Lauri Makikalli vs. Rodrigo Campos/Max Schmerin (YSU) unfinished
3) Zeeshan Ismail/Silviu Mistreanu (YSU) def. Myles Harris/Marc Sodini 8-2