The Wright State men's tennis team dropped a 5-2 decision to Horizon League regular-season championship Green Bay Saturday in the regular-season finale for both teams at the WSU Tennis Courts.
The Raiders won the doubles point as Dan Gilbert/Michal Lyzwa won 8-7 in #2 doubles and Myles Harris/Marc Sodini won 8-7 in #3 doubles. Lyzwa also won in #4 singles 6-3, 6-3.
Wright State (10-13, 4-2 Horizon) will be the #3 seed in next week's Horizon League Tournament, which will take place at the University of Michigan Tennis Center in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The Raiders face #6 seed Youngstown State in the first round on Friday, April 25, at 3:00, with the winner taking on #2 seed Cleveland State on Saturday, April 26, also at 3:00.
1) Michael Tenzer (GB) def. Dan Gilbert 6-2, 7-5
2) Leopold Islinger (GB) def. Hayden Joblin 6-3, 6-7, 6-2
3) Howard Scott (GB) def. Ricardo Pineda 6-0, 6-2
4) Michal Lyzwa def. Joey Leto (GB) 6-3, 6-3
5) Rowan Isaaks (GB) def. Marc Sodini 7-6, 3-6, 6-2
6) Jorge Soler (GB) def. Myles Harris 6-4, 6-2
1) Howard Scott/Michael Tenzer (GB) def. Hayden Joblin/Ricardo Pineda 8-6
2) Dan Gilbert/Michal Lyzwa def. Joey Leto/Michael Tebon (GB) 8-7
3) Myles Harris/Marc Sodini def. Leopold Islinger/Rowan Isaaks (GB) 8-7